Ingredients:2 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
¼ cup (half stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 ¼ cup sour cream
1 ½ cups Paradise Meadow Cranberry Orange Julienne dried cranberries
½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees. Grease a muffin pan or prepare with baking cups; set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg until combined, about 20 seconds. Add the sugar and whisk until the mixture is thick and thoroughly combined.
- Slowly whisk the vanilla and butter into the mixture until combined. Add half the sour cream, whisking until just combined, repeat with the remaining sour cream.
- Add the flour to the sour cream mixture and fold with a spatula until the batter comes together.
- Add the cranberries (and nuts, if using) and continue folding the mixture until the berries are evenly distributed. Do not overmix.
- Evenly divide the batter in between the cups of the muffin pan (about 3 tablespoons of batter per cup). Bake for 20-23 minutes, or until light golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Immediately transfer the muffins to a wire cooling rack and allow to cool. Makes 18-24 muffins.