For the roasted vegetables:1 large red onion, cut into wedges
2 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 apples, cut into wedges
1 large sweet potato, cut into 1 inch cubes
2 cloves garlic grated
1 tbs olive oil
2 tsp Herbes de Provence (Italian Seasoning can substitute)
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
For the salad dressing:1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
1 garlic glove, minced
salt and pepper
For the salad:
4 lightly packed cups mixed sturdy winter greens (red chard, baby kale, and spinach), torn or cut into bite-size pieces if large
1/4 cup toasted almond slivers or chopped walnuts (toast on med heat on stove top until fragrant)
1/4 cup cranberries
- Pre-heat an oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with tin foil and spray with non-stick spray, set aside.
- Place the onion, carrot, apple and sweet potato in a large zip-loc bag and mix well ensuring all ingredients are evenly coated with garlic, oil and spices.
- Place the vegetable mixture on a single layer over the pre-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until onions are caramelized and carrots are tender.
- To make the dressing, whisk the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, and garlic in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- To make the salads, divide the greens between 4 salad bowls. Top each with roasted veggies, nuts and cranberries, dividing evenly. Serve with maple balsamic dressing and enjoy! Serves 4.